The campaign is designed to help raise the community’s awareness that what was the Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force is now Allies for Health + Wellbeing and that Allies provides integrated medical and behavioral health care, as well as supportive human services and community-based education for all those living with or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmitted infections.
The “I am an Ally.” campaign will feature images on the back of Port Authority buses leaving the East Liberty garage starting February 1, 2018, and in other media outlets through April.
Allies of Allies for Health + Wellbeing featured in the campaign include:
- Allies Board Member Linda Bucci and her husband, Chairman of MARC USA Tony Bucci
- Medical Director of the Pitt Men’s Study, UPMC infectious disease doctor and Allies Board Member, Ken Ho, MD, MPH
- Director of the Allegheny Health Department, Karen Hacker, MD MPH
- Friends of Allies Richard Parsakian, Dr. Larry Leahy, John Van de Grift, Nancy Simpronio and Chuck Culbertson.
- Allies for Health + Wellbeing LGBQTIA community advocates J Daniel Barlow and Dandy Hayes.
Join the Allies campaign by contacting Allies for Health + Wellbeing at firstname.lastname@example.org.